Friday, June 26, 2009

Autogenic Training


While looking for info for my next post, I happened to run across an interesting fertility clinic in Osaka which takes an alternative approach, offering a whole gamut of things from reflexology to belly dancing. The fact that their home page is in English suggests that this could be a good place to stop by if you are in Japan.

Particularly striking was their information on the reported difference in IVF success of people who got "autogenic training" (a stress management technique) and those who didn't.

I had not heard of autogenic training before. It seems to have similarities with what one does in yoga and meditaiton. I ordered this Progressive Relaxation & Autogenic Training CD which has excellent reviews. Good timing as I'm rather bored with the relaxation CDs I have been listening to over and over again.

No comments: