Friday, March 21, 2008

beets, molasses, and fibroids

I just ran across a fascinating article on how Dominican healers treat fibroids -- through a combination of raw beet juice and blackstrap molasses. I have written about the molasses elsewhere in this blog. The power of beets is a new one. Beets have a lot of fiber and a lot of carotenoids which might be helpful for fibroids. They also have a lot of iron.

Here's a link to the article if you'd like more details: http://fugh-berman.com/files/Beetsjethnophar.pdf

As for me, I'm going to make sure I eat a lot of beets!

4 comments:

Ms. Mahogany said...

hi,
i have the same issue with fibroids. i've tried birth control pills to shrink them but it just made matters worse and made my body very weak. i purchased molasses but it just says unsulphured. is that the same as blackstrap or do i not have the right kind of molasses?

Fibroid Shrinker said...

I've heard from other people that the birth control pills can make matters worse. I took them for a little while in conjunction with IVF and just hated them.

About the molasses, good question. I had to look it up, see info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses
So it sounds like just unsulphured is not enough, that you need to get the blackstrap specifically. You can find it at Whole Foods or other health food stores, also Amazon.com sells it here: http://amzn.to/i3AjQW

Wishing you the best and please keep us posted on your progress

CJ said...

Hey...
Just read your comment, Molasses is very good. I have fibroids and still believing God for permanent healing, but as i wait on the Lord for HEALING, i have used Molasses and it's really working for me.
I normally go through a lot of clots during my menstrual and heavy bleeding, but Molasses changed everything and i see some changes in my periods that is no clots and above less blood.
Thank God for Molasses.
Plz, try it my dear and you would be overwhelmed about the outcome.
Wish you all the best and i will add you to my prayer list and i know God will heal both of us and glory and honor will be given to Him.
Have a blessed day and know that your healing is on its way.
Bye for now
CJ

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks so much CJ, so glad to hear that the molasses is working well for you!