Wednesday, October 1, 2008

maca -- another addition to my fibroid shrinking regimen

While poking around on the internet, I found this page which discusses the Peruvian root maca in detail and mentions that women had shrunk their fibroids with it.

Maca is a food and has various nutrients and acts as an adaptogen. The biggest reason that it seems to be helpful for fibroids is that it balances hormones and increases progesterone production. For this reason it's also said to be good for fertility purposes. And it increases energy too. Sounds like it would be perfect for me!

I ran this by my acupuncturist and she said "Oh, I love maca, and indeed it would be helpful for you." Which makes me wonder, why didn't she suggest it before? But I have found that even with the best practitioners one needs to be proactive in bringing things up (that's what happened with the noni too, I found info on the internet and ran it by her and she said "oh yes, noni is great"). Also from the practitioner's point of view, they might not want to be seen as pushing too much stuff on you (not everyone is as gung ho about taking stuff as me!)

I just ordered some of these Maca Crispy Bites, we'll see how they taste!

7 comments:

paradis said...

What happened to your fibroid with the maca?

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Didn't seem to make a difference

Anonymous said...

What's the result of your fibroid with the maca now after 5 years now? Has it shrunk and totally gone?

Fibroid Shrinker said...

The maca didn't seem to make a difference so stopped taking it.

Anonymous said...

I was told by my acupuncturist to not take it if you are dealing with fibroids because it can feed your fibroids - making them larger. I'm reading so many conflicting things ugh.

WeALTHY ChIC said...

I just started taking Maca, and I discovered I had fibroid in April just after having an etopic pregnancy surgery in November 2016. I really want to get pregnant b4 the fibroid grows big. My doctor advised me to start trying to get pregnant and I have been trying since May but am yet to conceive. Is it possible to get pregnant with fibroid? Pls help a sister out. I am really worried.

Fibroid Shrinker said...

It is possible to get pregnant with a fibroid but it certainly doesn't help. This post is a good place to start: http://shrinkingfibroids.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-ten-must-do-natural-remedies-for.html