Thursday, September 25, 2008

new additions to my supplement regimen

My acupuncturist has decided to add a few new things to my supplement regimen:

1. Homeopathics: Apex Energetics Female Balance. This is supposed to help balance my endocrine system and thus my hormones.
2. Homeopathics: I did a jar of cell salts (Melange by Seroyal) and then as a follow up my acupuncturist wants me to use Celtic Sea Salt as my salt in cooking and to drink a high mineral content mineral water (I am drinking Apollinaris which I got at Whole Foods). This is supposed to help my mineral levels.
3. Herbs: She has put me on Women's Precious, a Chinese herbal compound. This will be helpful for my fibroids but mainly is with the intention of helping with fertility.

Also she has added one more thing, borage oil, which I will write a separate post about.

Further, she felt I was not getting enough fats, and had me return coconut and coconut oil to my diet, which is a good source of long chain fatty acids. My last acupuncturist had wanted me to avoid coconut as he felt it was too cold energetically, but this acupuncturist doesn't feel it is a problem for my fibroids and wants me to get the good fats. A quick search on the web shows no evidence linking coconut and fibroids one way or another. And certainly I am glad to have the coconut back in my diet, I love it and also being able to eat coconut opens up lots of culinary possibilities...Meanwhile, my acupuncturist two acupuncturists ago (I have switched around a bit trying to find the right person to help with my fibroids) was a big fan of coconut and encouraged eating a lot of it. She recommended the book Eat Fat, Lose Fat which is full of coconut recipes. However, since coconut has a lot of saturated fat, probably best not to overdo it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm using the chinese herbal medicine formula "Resolve (lower)" by Evergreen that is supposed to help with fibroids, cysts and endometriosis. It has the chinese compounds in it that you describe here plus a bunch of others. One should not use dairy products, alcohol, cold drinks, junk foods, processed foods, non-organic meats, veggies and fruits. I also take cod liver oil and acidopholus.

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Sounds like we have very similar strategies indeed. Will check out the Resolve (lower), thanks for the tip!
Good luck with your fibroid shrinking!

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm curious about your progress since writing this post? I am dealing with possible endometriosis and was recommended the Resolve Lower by my acupuncturist. It is a continual journey and I love to hear about others experiences!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Hello Heather, Still working on finding what will be just the right thing for me. I am taking the Resolve Lower now.

Sarabi said...

Took my first dosage of Resolve Lower today. 10 minutes later I was having uterine cramps. They subsided after 4 hours, but my acupuncturist has me on a pretty high dose.

Glad to know it works!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Serabi, well it does sound like it went right to your uterus. Please keep us posted how it works for you.