Sunday, May 18, 2008

fibroid fighting soup

Made a delicious fibroid-fighting soup today. I threw in my slow cooker the following:

1 oninon, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 beets, chopped
1 cup dried green lentils
1 1-lb. bag baby carrots
several leaves kale, chopped
several pieces dried kelp
aprrox. 1/3 cup dried assorted mushrooms

The mushrooms I got from Fungus Among Us (http://www.fungusamongus.com/itmidx2.htm), it's the organic dried mushroom medly, which I keep in my freezer and throw into things as needed.

Put all ingredients in a large slow cooker, and fill to top with water and cook for 5 hours.

Delicious, easy and every ingredient helpful for fibroid fighting in some way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your excellent blog. I'm struggling with the same endeavor. I haven't had a chance to read all of your posts yet, but I wonder if you are trying to avoid Bisphenol A, with its possible link to fibroids as mentioned in the following link: http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/living-well-usn/2008/04/16/study-of-chemical-in-plastic-bottles-raises-alarm.html. I was eating minimal meat and dairy, many healthy vegetables, daily ground flax seed, and almost no suger during the time of my rapid fibroid growth. However I was eating a lot of canned foods during that time, and after reading numerous articles about the BPA in most can linings I wonder about that. Unfortunately avoided canned food (especially tomato products and canned beans of the recommended types) makes cooking even more challenging.

Congratulations on your shrinkage success!!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks so much for your kind words and I am glad that you are enjoying my blog!

Really appreciate the helpful information on Bisphenol A. Was not aware of it specifically. Pretty scary. This is such valuable information, I just wrote a new post about it. Thanks!