Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In Defense of Food

While driving to my acupuncture appointment on Monday, I heard an excellent interview with author Michael Pollan. Here's a link so you can listen to it too. He was being interviewed because he has a new book out called In Defense of Food.

His main message is that the typical American diet is very unhealthy, and that we need to eat more whole foods and more plant-based foods. Which is what all fibroid shrinkers should certainly do. What's nice is that he puts it in easy-to-understand terms with persuasive arguments.

For me, it was a case of preaching to the converted (although I enjoyed the confirmation of what I am doing). But if you are experiencing shock from going on a fibroid-shrinking diet that eschews meat, dairy, wheat, sugar and processed soy products, this book is for you. Also it can be helpful for family members who are having trouble understanding why you can't eat "normal" food anymore. I'm sending the link to this interview to my boyfriend!

No comments: