Sunday, October 14, 2012

Good resource for fans of Feldenkrais

Feldenkrais is a system of exercises that resets your central nervous system.  I had a friend who got certified in it which got me interested and I have done some work with Feldenkrais practitioners.  However, those practitioners are expensive and hard to find.  I had looked in the past for some tapes to do on my own at home, but for some reason there don't seem to be any Feldenkrais ones out there.

However, the other day I was listening to Healing with the Masters, and Anat Baniel was talking about how she had studied with Dr. Feldenkrais for 20 years at the end of his life. And indeed, her work is very similar to Feldenkrais.  And through the Healing with the Masters, they have a great deal on a whole set of her DVDs.  I got it for my husband as a birthday present and I'm sure that it will be keeping us busy for quite awhile.

Meanwhile should report that I am loving the chakra CDs (sound healing, one CD for each chakra) that I bought from the offer that you get when you register for Healing with the Masters. I am listening to one each night before going to sleep, and they are really soothing and lovely.

No comments: