Monday, August 4, 2008

fibroid shrinker goes to Hawaii -- part 1 -- noni leather

Hello everyone, from Kapa`a Hawaii where I am on my honeymoon! Lots of things to share with you all.

Will start with one discovery here, noni fruit leather. I had heard of noni before, and to be honest was always a bit skeptical because it seems to be one of those nutritional products that is very expensive and over-hyped. However, my interest was piqued by a small flyer I found for organic noni fruit leather made here on the island of Kauai where I am staying. I sent my acupuncturist a quick email asking her if she thought this noni stuff was worthwhile and she said yes.

So I picked up a 2 oz. package of the leather. Much more practical than buying the juice -- no bottle to shelp around plus no refrigeration needed which is important since I travel a lot. And it seems more cost-effective too. I like the fact that it's organic and only contains noni, not a lot of extra stuff. And they use a low temperature process that preserves more enzymes unlike the juice which is pasteurized, plus it seems that it would have more nutrition than just the juice since pulp is used to make the leather. Here's a link to their homepage, and the page for ordering.

It's not necessarily tasty, but is not bad, a rather astringent taste. If you don't want to taste it, you could just cut the leather into small pieces and swallow them.

Noni is a traditional medicinal plant of Polynesia and has historically been used as a folk medicine in Asia and Hawaii. There is some debate about the truth behind the various health claims currently made for it, this page nicely summarizes some of the arguments for noni benefits.

On a whim, I googled "noni fibroids" and found a lot of web pages. There are some anecdotal reports of people completely getting rid of their fibroids using noni, but these usually seem just as self-serving as all the similar miracle stories on the enzyme websites. This article mentions the effect of noni on the pineal gland, thus regulating the hormones and the reproductive system. A further look on the internet just seems to turn up a lot of hype and not much concrete on the effects for fibroids. However, it doesn't sound like there is anything harmful about the noni. Plus it's a powerful alkalizer, and being more alkaline is good for fibroid shrinkers. So I am going to give it a try, taking a few square inches of the leather every day -- it sounds like it can't hurt!

No comments: