Wednesday, June 4, 2008

disgestive enzymes and the fibroid shrinker

Ever since I started my fibroid shrinking journey, I have been plagued by gas. Haven't been able to figure out why -- is it the increased intake of brassicas and beans? I got an NAET treatment on beans on one on brassicas and one on sulphur compounds, to no avail.

However I think that I finally have a possible solution. I was poking around online and found some information about alpha galactosidase, which is the enzyme that breaks down those very foods. I discussed it with my acupuncturist today, and she thinks this will be helpful for me. She prescribed Theramedix DGX, one with each meal. It contains a mix of enzymes including the one mentioned above.

The thing about my fibroid shrinking diet is that I am eating everything cooked, because based on Chinese medicine principles it's better to eat warm food. However, cooking destroys enzymes, so after nearly six months on this diet it's not surprising that I'm low on digestive enzymes.

Please note these are digestive enzymes, and are different from the fibrin-dissolving enzymes serapeptase and nattokinase that I am also taking.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am just starting a fibroid shrinking diet and can use some serious help. I have Cerebral Palsy and was told my fibroid that is 2.2 cm is causing bleeding at times. I am 64 years old and am also seeing a Acupucturist who is giving me some vitamin B-12 and Folic acid in what is called "Injection therapy" which I receive at the same time he does acupuncture. He is a OMD NMD and Dipl.Ac. Dr. Chapman is very nice and patient with me due to my Cerebral Palsy. Now though that he also is treating me for this fibroid that did not shrink because I am obese and due to that my estrogen levels are high. Fibroids feed of of estrogen. I am doing a lot of research on the internet and I found this site very informative. I was to cut out all white products. No white sugar or flour or anything containing it. I also was told that organic soy is better then regular soy when shrinking fibroids. He wants me to take kelp or sea weed, yet I have sensitivity to shellfish. What can take the place of kelp, anything?

I am going to take some time to go over your diet to shrink fibroids. I also would appreciate any suggestion for someone just starting this diet. It would be good if someone could take all this information and put it into steps. I believe that would make it a little easier to follow and less confusing.

Thanks again for such great information and if you can suggest anything else, please feel free to email me.
Thanks
Judy

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks much for your comment, and sorry to take so long to moderate it. (I just got married a week ago and I was a bit overwhelmed in the lead-up to the wedding!)
My sister has cerebral palsy also so I know how that can complicate everything else.
I completely agree that a fibroid-shrinking diet is very hard to follow --- I have been struggling with it for years. My best suggestion would be to do things in steps, rather than try to do everything at once. Your idea of cutting out all white products is an excellent one. Next I would try eliminating dairy, then work on cutting down on the meat and poultry. Then work on increasing the veggies.
As for the substitute for kelp, unfortunately don't have a good suggestion there -- are you sure the shellfish problem causes difficulties with kelp too?
Wishing you the best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress. As these things go 2.2 cm is pretty small so hoping you can shrink it quickly!!!

Diane said...

After finding a mention of enzymes helping to shrink fibroids, I went searching for info and clicked on your page in the results. Your post doesn't talk about what I was looking for, but before I got here, I read the following one and was extremely impressed. I wondered if you knew about it, because if not, you might be interested too!

http://www.energeticnutrition.com/vitalzym/mystory.html

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks so much for sharing that link. Wow, that is very impressive!