Friday, May 23, 2008

enzyme therapy

Anyone doing internet research on fibroids will quickly find advertisments for various therapies that tout miracle cures. These include Neprinol, Vitalzym, and Fibrovan.

The ads sound too good to be true, but do they really work? These cures are various mixtures of enzymes, which are supposed to break down the fibrin which makes up the fibroid.

Unfortunately it's difficult to get proof about the efficacy of supplements. I did however just look back through the archives of the healing fibroids naturally yahoo group that I belong to. Althought there were many women who said it was a waste of money (they are expensive), there were a handful who reported good results.

The ones with results were also taking other supplements and doing other things, so it's hard to say if the enzyme therapy was the primary reason for their fibroid shrinkage. But it means that it might be worth trying.

In fact, I was just planning to discuss this and some other possible supplements in pill form with my acupuncturist tomorrow....as part of my stepping up the activity level a notch. (For awhile I was eating natto as a way to get the enzume, but I am a bit bored of the whole barbecue sauce thing....)

If any readers have tried one of these enzyme therapies, please leave a comment and tell us how it worked!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried any of those. I'm skeptical about anything that is marketed as a miracle cure because unfortunately there doesn't really seem to be anything up to that standard when it comes to fibroids. If you decide to try enzymes, I think it may be possible to get the same ones included in the name brand products without paying the high prices of the name brands.

Fibroid Shrinker said...

I agree, I don't think there are any miracle cures with fibroids.
About trying non-name brand products, I agree with that too -- in fact that was the exact thing my acupuncturist told me just yesterday. She said these products are rip-offs and that the component ingredients can be obtained much more cheaply. She has the protease/serraptase on order for me, but as an example a bottle of nattokinase at Whole Foods was just $15.

rosierudy said...

I have tried fibrovan for 2 years and my fibroid is the same . I have also tried 10yrs once a month accupuncture ! I'm thinking menopause should srink them I only have a few years left , I think!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. Frustrating indeed!

Anonymous said...

I just could not leave your site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the
usual information a person provide in your guests? Is gonna be back incessantly to check up on new posts

Here is my blog post :: cycle computer