Thursday, January 17, 2008

QiGong for fibroids

As part of my schedule of classes, I signed up for QiGong. This is an exercise similar to Tai Chi that is based on Chinese medicine principles. It's supposed to be relaxing, and it's also supposed to energize the Chinese medicine meridians, both of which I think should be helpful for shrinking the fibroids.

The class I am taking is Wild Goose QiGong. Here is a description: http://drhuqigong.com/art_whatis.htm. Notice it mentions energy flow in the torso, sounds good for fibroids!

I had the second class session tonight. Indeed doing the exercises makes me feel energized and like things are flowing energy-wise. However I found last week that I had trouble doing them on my own, so I bought the DVD from the teacher to help me practice at home. This is it: Wild Goose QiGong I

I think this is an excellent addition to my fibroid-shrinking regimen. I am not sure how widely available QiGong classes are outside of California (where they seem to be popular) but using the video might be worth trying for fibroid shrinkers.

There are also various other QiGong videos and booksavailable, they might be worth checking out too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog on Qi-gong and have just reserved a book on this at the local library. It sounds very interesting.

I am on the second stage of my fibroid journey. Most of the heavy bleeding caused has been aliviated by acupuncture and Agnus Castus which I have doing for the last few months.

I am now developing a second strategy to keep it at bay and going through your blog for tips which can fit into my lifestyle.

I think people should realise that that the treatment of fibroids will change with symptoms and lifestyle changes (i.e. trying to conceive) and that you need developed a long term strategy, which I am trying to do with the help of your blog.

You blog is wonderful, please keep writing.

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks so much for the comment and glad you are enjoying the blog! Good to hear that the heavy bleeding is under control. I definitely agree with you that the treatment will change over time and also I think it's important to mix it up. For example with the Chinese herbs, rather than taking one thing forever you vary it depending on how your body is reacting, progressing from one thing to another. And a long term strategy is good because it can take time, and sustained effort!
Good luck with your shrinking and keep us posted how it goes!

michelle said...

Hi,

I have the largest fibroid about 8.5cm it grew more, just started chinese herbs and massage few weeks ago. yet to start a Qigong class and trying to stay calm as yet to conceive at grand age of 43yrs !!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Wishing you the best of luck in your fibroid shrinking! Please keep us posted how it goes.

michelle said...

Thanks,
I go for weekly Qi-gong and Tai chi exercises , then weekly chinese herbs and massage I feel the fibroids are changing and getting softer but at times they seem to be bigger maybe depends on what I've eaten or how stressed I feel.

Have had 2 hospital appointments one was to discuss uterine artery embolisation which I thought I wanted but have now decided not to do this as I do want to try to have kids at 43,am I mad ! and the procedure has no clinical evidence of success for future pregnancies
the chinese herbs seem quite strong but hope they are safe enough?

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear about the progress. I notice my fibroids feel differently depending on the time of the month, do your changes seem correlated with that?
Embolization does sound risky for those who want kids, and risky in general. If you look at the HERS Foundation website they mention some scary things, and if you think about it 1) putting plastic in your body that you don't know where it can travel and 2) cutting off blood flow are not really appealing ideas.

About Qi Gong, I went to an amazing class the other day taught by an expert who lives in China. There are a ton of free resources on his site, see more info in this post I wrote the other day:
http://shrinkingfibroids.blogspot.com/2011/04/thoughts-from-chinese-medicine-expert.html
May be of interest since you are doing Qi Gong.

On the Chinese herbs, from what I have heard the key thing is where they come from. Ask your practitioner about where they are sourced / how they are tested; he/she should be able to give you a good answer on this.

Wishing you the best, and please keep us posted!

michelle said...

thank you, embolistion is really scary !!!
I will continue with the Qi-gong it's really good,and I'll check out your blog sounds good
till next time