Sunday, August 21, 2011

really good information on dysbiosis

Dysbiosis is an imbalance in your gut flora.  Candida overgrowth is just one variety.

This page has the best description I have found.  Lots of things that I didn't know, such as 
  • Dysbiosis is linked to low thyroid, low progesterone, and high estrogen -- all of which are linked to fibroids!
  • Cysteine, glycine, and glutathione can contribute to the growth of candida (of course I have taken all of those at various points in the past few years) 
  • FOS (which I have taken too) can feed bad bacteria which become food for parasites.
I definitely recommend that everyone trying to shrink fibroids and/or work on fertility do a stool sample analysis, and address any problems that that uncovers.  Wish someone had told me to do that a long time ago!!!

No comments: