Wednesday, May 5, 2010

cutting back on the carbs

A reader kindly commented on one of my earlier posts about millet, that actually it's highly inflammatory and high in carbs.  Good point.  Sometimes it feels like you can't win!  (By the way, she used this cool food info site to get her data.  More info than one could ever digest about every type of food.)

Actually, I've been doing a lot less carbs lately.  Somehow my body feels happier that way. Focusing instead on fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Read an interesting article today calling this the Paleo Diet and showing excellent health effects.

In search of cookbooks that don't have gluten, soy, and dairy, I found this one and this one on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and I really love them.  Everything I have made from them has been really terrific.

No comments: