Friday, April 16, 2010

hair products for curly hair without bad ingredients

I'm a total product junkie, especially when trying to keep my curly hair looking good.  But it's very hard to find good products that are not full of terrible junk.  Am convinced my past use of lots of products for hair and skin care filled with nasty chemicals may have exacerbated my hormone imbalances and fibroid problems.

So I just ordered some of the new CURLS line at Target, that has certified organic ingredients and has zero sulfates, parabens, mineral, and petroleum oils.  Found out about it today in an email from naturallycurly.com (a site for us girls with curls) and snapped it up right away.   Evidently it's a bargain-priced line from a more expensive line of these products.  But at about $10 each, that's plenty for me.

From the list of stores where they sell them, seems that they are aimed at African American women as they seem to be only in stores in areas with a high African American population (from what I can tell based on the Chicago and SF area locations).  However I like rich products that really moisturize too, even though I'm not African American. Fortunately for those of us who don't live near the stores listed, they are also available on the web, and no shipping for orders over $50.

For those who are interested in this topic, here's a link to a past article I wrote on one of the hair care product lines I'm currently using, Max Green Alchemy.  It's good but I find I need to rotate products.

And as long as we are on the subject of skincare, I am really loving the Sanre Organics sunscreen I tried recently and am ordering some more.  It's not gloppy, lets my skin breathe.

No comments: