Sunday, November 22, 2009

delicious squash muffin recipe

I mentioned previously that I was trying out the gluten-free dairy-free soy-free muffin and pancake mixes from www.purelyelizabeth.com. They are really scrumptious, and full of fibroid-friendly and fertility friendly like millet flour, hemp seeds, and chia seeds. Unfortunately rather on the pricey side, but I'm hoping their popularity will increase and they can go into more mass production and the prices will go down (sorry, that's the MBA in me talking...)

I have been having fun dressing them up. Here's how to make some great squash muffins.

2 cups raw butternut squash, chopped finely
a handful of pecans
a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
1 package purely elizabeth blueberry maple muffin mix
the items listed on the package, plus an extra egg to make 2 eggs total

Steam the squash until tender, about 15 minutes.
Prepare the muffins according to package directions, adding the squash and the other ingredients.

Really great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks!
I made them again today, with an extra half an apple in there too
Am very pleased with the recipe!