Sunday, July 12, 2009

fibroids and phlegm

During the time when my fibroids were growing I also got a lipoma on my waist, on the left side. My personal theory is that whatever caused the lipoma also caused the fibroids.

I just looked it up out of curiosity and found the following:

Many tumors, growths, and lumps (but not all), some fibroids and lipomas are due to Phlegm. This often is the reason why Polycystic Ovaries and fibroids frequently accompany obsity. Again, there is a common Root - Spleen Qi Deficiency. There are special treatments for resolving Phlegm (depending on the type), but all involve addressing the underlying Spleen imbalance (and Kidney and Lung imblances when these are factors). (On this page http://askwaltstollmd.com/archives/tcm/78268.html)

I think I’m a phlegm-y person in general as I virtually always have a bit of post-nasal drip type phlegm going on even though I’ve gotten a lot of treatment for allergies.

My acupuncturist is trying to figure out where to go next with my herbal treatment, as I no longer seem to need the various variations of Free and Easy Wanderer that I have been taking for much of the past year and a half, and my tongue looks great. Maybe now that my liver is no longer attacking my spleen, we can get the spleen shaped up so that it stops making phlegm...

No comments: