Monday, November 3, 2008

A new therapy to try -- Body Talk

I subscribe to the Dr. Lark women's health newsletter, which tends to have interesting tidbits I don't see elsewhere. One of those was a feature on a new form of energy medicine called Body Talk. The article was so glowing, and the practioner just a couple of towns down, that I decided to give it a try.

I went to two sessions this spring with the practioner profiled, and thought that they were really helpful. But then she had a baby and went on maternity eave and I got busy getting married, etc. However, this month when TTC failed I decided to step up my efforts on fibroid shrinking and fertility enhancement and took a look around for another local practitioner and use the Body Talk again. I went to another person today, Lisa Sullivan, and was quite impressed.

If you've ever tried Reiki, Body Talk is along the same lines, it deals with your energy systems. You lay there silently while the practioner puts her hands on your stomach and forehead; later in the treatment she put her hand right over my uterus. Basically it feels very relaxing, also my stomach gurgled a lot which makes sense since she was also working on my digestive system. The practitioner is obviously concentrating, but you just have to lay there. While it's happening you can feel yourself gradually feeling better.

Then afterwards the practioner reports what they worked on, what aspect of your body needed healing. I'm telling you it's really amazing, she told me things about what has been going on with me lately, what I've been worried about lately, etc. that nobody else could have known, and told me how those were showing up physically, and what she did to unwind them. Wow!

I feel like this is a great adjunct to acupuncture, and also is very helpful in guiding me where to focus in my emotional work I'm doing.

I realize this probably sounds and seems way-out to many of the people reading this, but I feel like it's really helpful to me. On this page, you can see if there is a practioner near you. If you are struggling with trying to shrink your fibroids and are not making as much progress as you would like, this might be worth trying.

No comments: