Thursday, August 14, 2008

my updated regimen

Visited my acupuncturist today and we fine-tuned my regimen. Here's what I'm taking now:

All month:

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, 2x day
Thorne Siliphos, 2x day. My acupuncuturist was very excited with this product, it's milk thistle that has been processed in such a way that it is directly uptaken by the liver. And it's gentle enough to take even if I may be pregnant.
Apex Energetics sublingual DHEA, 10 drops under tongue in morning
Solgar Vitamin E 400 IU, one per day
Theramedix DGX digestive enzymes, one with each meal
Megafoods Iron-Free One Daily, one per day
Standard Process Catalyn, 3 at lunch and 3 at dinner
Standard Process Magnesium Lactate, one at each meal
Standard Process Calcium Lactate, 3 at each meal
4 square inches of Noni fruit leather (see my previous post on this)
6 tablets of Green Magma (I plan to write more about Green Magma in the future. Go with the tablets, the powder is hard to get down!)

During first 10-12 days of my cycle, when I know for sure I am not pregnant. These are the herbs for fibroids that are contra-indicated when pregnant.

One tablespoon twice per day of a powdered mix of San Leng, Mu Dan Pi, and Dan Shen, in hot water (except during the heaviest days of my flow, due to contraindication with Mu Dan Pi)
3 capsules twice per day of Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan capsules by Evergreen (except during the heaviest days of my flow, due to contraindication with Mu Dan Pi)
Solaray Tumeric 300 mg capsules, one with each meal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it anticipated that these start a process of degeneration in the fibroids, analogous to what happens after UFE but more gradual?

Fibroid Shrinker said...

That is a really good question.
My understanding is that this kind of regimen makes them get smaller, by a process akin to gradually dissolving / being reabsorbed. Rather than like in UFE in which they get all blood supply cut off and then just suddenly atrophy.

For example at the same time the lipoma (fatty deposit) on my waist is gradually shrinking away right now - it's just getting smaller not sure where the part that is gone has "went". It's kind of like losing weight, the weight just disappears. So I think of fibroid and lipoma shrinking as being like very localized weight reduction. One of my visualizations for fibroid shrinking is of their being very Reubenesque ladies with lots of cellulite who are being buffed at a spa and magically end up slim and lithe.

Anonymous said...

hi, i would like to do the Chinese herbs as well but cannot find any that assure there is no lead. Have you had luck with this???

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Ah yes, this can indeed be an issue with Chinese herbs.
The acupuncturist I used to go to had his own brand of herbs that he sourced himself from Taiwan, he chose a manufacturer that had strict quality controls. My current acupuncturist makes homeopathic versions of the herbs using a special machine she has but evidently it's an experimental version she is using for the PhD research and thus not generally available. When she needs to give me actual herbs, e.g. for when I am traveling, she uses the Evergreen brand, which she feels has the best quality control. The quality page on their site looks pretty good to me.
http://www.evherb.com/Quality/truth.htm
Good luck!