Saturday, August 23, 2008

further progress report

IKW left the following questions as a comment:

I'm wondering how you are doing and I'm wondering how much this diet has changed your body. How much weight have you lost since you started? I'm in awe of your will power and determination.I keep an eye on your blog regularly and find it inspiring!

When is your next ultrasound to determine how much the fibroids have shrunk?


Would like to answer. How has this diet changed my body? I definitely have lost weight, in fact when I saw my husband's mother at the rehearsal dinner the first thing she said was "you've lost weight!" (last time I saw her was mid-December just before I started this whole campaign). I still really need to do more exercise and get toned up (this whole wedding thing combined with moving and also a lot of work has left me little free time) however I can fit back into most of my clothes.

I don't have a scale at home and am not into weighing myself. I think I had gotten up to something like 140 or maybe even the low 140s -- a lot for my small-boned 5'4" frame. I happen to be in a hotel room in Tokyo at the moment and there is a scale so I just weighed myself and converted the kg to pounds and I am 134 pounds. So not as much as I thought in terms of weight loss but it's something. Weight loss per se is not my direct goal, but I would like to get back to being more toned even if I don't get back to the 122-125 lbs that I consider my most flattering weight.

One thing I have noticed however is a big reduction in my cellulite. They say that cellulite is a bunch of accumulated toxins, and one thing I have been doing for sure is getting rid of toxins! I'm thinking, once I can start getting more exercise, my legs are going to be awesome!

Here is my ultrasound plan. My husband and I are TTC, and will be trying again this month. If I don't get pregnant this month, will have an ultrasound next cycle, which means it would be about a month from now. Will keep you posted, and thanks much for asking -- it makes me feel a lot less lonely in this fibroid shrinking quest!

No comments: