Monday, April 7, 2008

need to wait until next month

I was getting all geared up for my sonohist (ultrasound including injecting saline solution in order to see inside contours of the uterus better) scheduled for this week, in order to get a sense of how well my fibroid shrinking plan has been working.

However, they have to be done a certain amount of time after one's period, and uncharacteristically I was four days late this month. When I called just now to reschedule, the doctor wasn't available on Monday or Tuesday and then after that is out of the office until the end of the month! Ugh! So looks like I have to wait another month to get some data.

One thing I can say. About the time when my fibroids were growing, I developed a lipoma (fatty deposit under the skin) on the side of my waist. According to Chinese medicine, lipomas are similar energetically to fibroids, in that they are congealed phlegmy deposits. And interestingly, I've noticed that my lipoma has definitely shrunk a lot since I have been doing this fibroid shrinking program. Am hoping that that's a leading indicator for what's happening with my fibroids! But will have to wait another month to find out...

Oh well, am thinking I now have another month to keep on working on the things that I am doing, and also do some of the things I have been wanting to try but haven't had time to do, like preparing more seaweed dishes, and using aromatherapy massage, etc. And by so doing to make sure I have an excellent result for next month's test!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what exactly is your fibroid shrinking program? i am new to this site and really could use some help in doing something with mine as well. thank you - Vikki --please contact me at foxyladytwo02 at yahoo dot com

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks much for your interest!
In the blog archive at upper right, please click on overview/strategies to see the posts that describe in detail what I am doing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I found your blog! I have felt so isolated with my interest in natural fibroid shrinking efforts, despite listservs. The overwhelming proportion of interest seems to be in other interventions.

Despite a lot of research I have never seen mention of the lipoma-fibroid connection in Chinese medicine before. I had three lipomas removed during my 30s. I was glad I wasn't growing those during my 40s, not knowing that I was developing a large fibroid:-( Now I have discovered that the lipoma I thought I still had (hidden by my hair) has disappeared, and I wonder if some of the anti-fibroid efforts have helped with that.

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Thanks so much, glad you are enjoying the blog!

About the lipoma-fibroid connection, based on what my acupuncturist told me, both are a buildup of stagnamt chi in the body.

I poked around on the internet, and lipomas and fibroids are both symptoms of something called Cowden's Syndrome: http://www.aace.com/resources/genomics/genomics.php?r=gcfm20060510a